New year, new me or so the saying goes. I was never one that was big into new years resolutions, any year I made them I lost steam by January 6th. However last year on New Years Eve while I was home with Walt being the boring old lady I am I decided to set my goals for 2015. I like the idea of goals so much more than New Years resolutions. I believe that constant improvment is a key to success in life. If we keep striving to grow, physically, emotionally and spiritually there is no stopping us. I constantly use #neverstopimproving and I truly believe it.
I had my first appointment with my surgeon in the first week of January for my gastric bypass so that was goal number 1. I wanted to go back to college so that was goal number 2. I had other goals centering around my family, friends and my faith and I feel like I knocked all of them out of the park. Yeah there were some unrealistic goals like wear a bikini on the cruise ( I don’t have the confidence to wear one), do a skydive (I’m not saying I’ll never do one the opportunity just hasn’t presented itself) and declutter the attic (don’t even get me started).
So considering how they went well last year I decided to set some small goals for this year. So below is a short list.
- Reach my goal weight before the end of 2016.
- Drink more water and take all my supplements (I have completely been ignoring them which is not healthy)
- Stay on track with college work and don’t use the fact that it’s not a physical building I have to attend as an excuse to slack off.
- Budget better and try to live within my means.
- Be more grateful and thankful in general.
Well those are my goals I will try post a bi monthly update as to how they are going. Did you make any resolutions this year? What are your goals?
Until next time, let your gypsy soul wander.